With over 3.8 billion smartphone users globally, it is safe to say that the world is gradually going mobile. Therefore, eCommerce brands can no longer ignore the rising demographic of smartphone users who prefer to shop from their mobile devices.
In a bid to stay ahead of the competition, businesses must ensure that they cater to this user base of mobile eCommerce consumers and deliver a remarkable platform experience that spans across; responsive design to payment services options and everything in-between.
This post covers popular mobile eCommerce trends and the reasons behind their increased adoption.
What is Mobile eCommerce?
Before going any further, let us establish what mobile eCommerce is all about. In the simplest of terms, mobile eCommerce refers to buying and selling facilitated by a mobile device.
The process involves but is not limited to shopping, banking and even payments all through a mobile device. Although, technological advancements and consumer needs have taken mobile eCommerce trends beyond these basics to incorporate; mobile marketing, location-based services, social media integration, in-app payments, and many more.
With mobile eCommerce, consumers can now purchase physical and digital products using their mobile browsers, apps, or even social media and have them delivered to their location. They can even go as far as consuming some of this content (digital) on their mobile devices.
What does a good mobile eCommerce design look like?
In order for brands to maximize their mobile eCommerce conversion rates and gain more users, most of the earlier mentioned features, especially those relevant to a brand, need to be incorporated into its platform.
But they also need to take a step further to deliver excellent platform designs based on mobile eCommerce trends to get the best possible conversions.
Good mobile eCommerce designs should adopt most of the following;
- Responsive design: The best mobile eCommerce designs are those that can respond to user interactions irrespective of the screen size, device or even platform.
- Adaptability: Good mobile eCommerce design should cater to the way users handle their devices. It could involve adapting the platform to place sensitive design elements in regions that users can easily reach.
- Fast loading speeds: The speed of an eCommerce website is critical to the user experience. Mobile eCommerce trends dictate that a platform should not take more than three seconds to load. Otherwise, it begins to lose users.
- Easy navigation: A crucial aspect of a superb user experience lies in the ease of navigation. From the initial landing page, all through the sign-up and check-out pages should be easy for users to browse through.
- Precise descriptions: Good design should convey clear and concise information and not act to confuse its users. Adopting professional micro-copies and micro-interactions keeps a mobile eCommerce website minimal in design yet conveys detailed descriptions.
- Visual clarity: Most importantly, mobile eCommerce trends involve making the platform as visually appealing as possible. Font texts and headers should be bold enough without being overbearing, while images should be optimized but have a decent resolution to fit into any platform.
What are the benefits of mobile-friendly eCommerce?
Mobile eCommerce trends show that eCommerce traffic from mobile devices has surpassed those desktops, which signifies the need for eCommerce startups to make their platform as mobile-friendly as possible in order to capture users.
Doing this brings sales to eCommerce brands while at the same time leaving them with satisfied consumers who will always come back for more. That said, eCommerce brands stand to benefit from a mobile-friendly platform in the following ways.
- Better conversion rate: Mobile-friendly design through one or more of the aforementioned features delivers a better user experience, which in turn, influences the conversion rates.
For instance, a mobile-friendly design optimizes call-to-action to reduce irrelevant touchpoints that could limit the progression of a consumer down the sales funnel. Therefore, creating the maximum effect in terms of conversions.
- Better customer satisfaction: Still on user experience, mobile-friendly designs leave the mobile user satisfied. Satisfaction could occur from the little things like incorporating a save feature to ease shopping or even displaying an element that signifies your platform is secure to use and protects sensitive user data.
- Higher site ranking: There is no secret behind the fact that search engines favor platforms with mobile-friendly designs over those without, especially in SERP rankings. Sites that load quickly and are adaptive across platforms appear higher in search results which leads to improved visibility.
Why is mobile eCommerce getting popular these days?
We can’t end this blog post without identifying the root cause of the surge of mobile eCommerce’s popularity. And we see them emanating due to the following reasons.
- The market potential: Global eCommerce is expected to reach $3.5 trillion dollars by 2021, with mobile eCommerce accounting for over 72.9 percent of the sum. These are simply numbers that eCommerce brands can’t ignore. And with mobile devices becoming more sophisticated, so will their users. No eCommerce brand would want to get left behind.
- Brings in more customers: Businesses thrive on sales and product adoption, and mobile eCommerce creates an avenue to achieve both. Due to its availability and integration across channels like; search engines, email lists and social media, more eCommerce brands would continue to adopt mobile eCommerce as part of their sales strategy to bring in more consumers.
Check this site: 247newszone to get all kinds of latest information.
Catering to mobile eCommerce users can no longer be an afterthought for businesses since a bulk of online shoppers do their shopping through their mobile devices. The question now should be how can eCommerce brands utilize mobile eCommerce to get the best conversion rates?
The answer to the question lies in using a functional yet feature-packed mobile eCommerce builder like AllValue.
AllValue is a SaaS platform dedicated to enabling eCommerce businesses to scale with its host of features. AllValue has an industry-leading eCommerce website builder and even marketing features all incorporated into one platform.
AllValue also handles features such as product acquisition, email list creation, and influencer marketing and many more.
Visit the website today to get started on your 15-day free trial.
Read more about: newshub56.