A bedroom is the most intimate part of your house. This room is meant for relaxing and ending and starting the day on a high note. The bedroom doesn’t need to be elaborate but it needs to be comfortable and functional. A classy touch can mean a minimalistic approach or a tastefully layered room with upholstery and furniture. Here are a few things that can spruce up your bedroom effortlessly.
Things to have in your bedroom
- Bedroom bench – When you have made your bed, sitting on it during the day can really disrupt your flow. Make space for you to take a seat and spend a few moments with yourself in the bedroom with a bedroom bench. It is the perfect place to go sit quietly and plan your day. A bedroom bench can be contrasted with the bedspread you choose for your bed. A bedroom bench can be placed near the window or even at the foot of the bed. If you have other furniture in the room like a chair, you can have them match.
- Rug – A small rug can add a lot of warmth to your bedroom. Choose a rug that matched the rest of your upholstery and you can really create magic. A rug can be under the bed or you can use it to create a cozy corner in the bedroom for reading. You can add a neutral colour rug if you don’t want it to dominate the colour palette. You can also enjoy a pastel-colored rug for a room that is completely white.
- Dresser – A dresser is a perfect place where you can store your accessories, perfumes, and every daily need. It is a great way to include a lovely mirror and storage place for your items. A dresser can be a classic one with angles and lines, or you can buy a curvy one to accentuate it in a room full of contemporary furniture. If you are a fan of floor-length mirrors, you can opt for a dresser that has a half mirror and you can use the dresser for storage only. A dresser is also a great place for keeping some of your smaller clothes.
- Chair and footstool – A lovely high-back chair with a footstool makes a lot of difference in a room. A comfortable footstool can really make it cozy especially when placed near a window. If you are planning on making a small library in a corner, you can add a reading lamp along with a chair and a footstool.
- Lamps and curtains – Lamps can add sparkle to a monotonous room. Apart from being used as a decorative item, lamps can also be a great filler for negative space. Curtains in a bedroom can make or break the room. Blackout curtains are essential for allowing complete privacy during the day. At the same time, sheer curtains are important for adding some natural light to the room.
These can make your bedroom look like a complete unit. They can make it look like a cohesive unit and the bedroom can look more than just a place where you sleep. Apart from these, you can carve out some space for yoga, a painting studio, or any other hobby that you like to indulge in.