WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging app for sending texts, photos, videos, and other files to contacts or groups. Globally, people have more access to one another through a single app, regardless of whether they use Android or iOS devices. While the application offers excellent quality and a clean user interface, it is incompatible with both OS platforms.
Thus, users who switch platforms must transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, or vice-versa, to keep their messages, media files, and other documents. This guide will show you how to move your app without losing personal data.
Reasons You May Need to Transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android?
If you’re planning to upgrade from an old iPhone, let’s say an 8 Plus, to the latest Android, such as a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, but want to keep your messaging app’s data intact, then you should consider a way to implement WhatsApp iPhone to Android file transfer. In some cases, taking this step may have been driven by the fact that your previous phone broke, or you offered it to your brother as a gift.
Whatever the reasons, it is always vital to perform this process safely, as data loss may occur. After all, there should be assurances that your chats and other documents remain intact during the procedure. As recommended, you can opt for the below-listed methods.
Three Ways To Transfer WhatsApp From iPhone To Android
To transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, you can use email chat, chat backup, and a paid file-transfer app-MobileTrans. Let’s take a look at each of them.
Method 1: How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android through Email Chat
Here is one of the most reliable methods to transfer WhatsApp iOS to Android. All it requires is your email account. Presumably, you have your iPhone and Android devices ready. To begin:
- Navigate to Settings on the former and select Chat Settings. Under the category, tap the Email Chat option.
- Select any chat history of choice and navigate to Export Chat. You may decide to choose Attach Media or Without Media. The former will demand higher data.
- Tap the Mail option to open a compose screen, input the recipient email address, and send.
Kindly understand that this method only allows you to view your chat, not load it on your newly installed WhatsApp for Android.
Method 2: WhatsApp Backup iPhone to Android
Another option for you to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android is to export them to iCloud. You will find this under Settings.
- Visit Chats and then select Chat Backup to move your app data to iCloud.
- On your Android phone, download the instant-messaging application from Play Store and run it to install.
- Follow the installation prompts until you arrive at Restore. Select the option to import your backup into your smartphone.
Similar to the first method, this approach doesn’t require an additional third-party program. However, it might take a while to transfer WhatsApp backup from iPhone to Android.
Method 3: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android By MobileTrans
There is another approach to access your previous data on your new phone — the use of MobileTrans. This software program is one of the leading file transfer tools in the industry. With it, you can easily migrate your contacts, videos, pictures, and even voice notes quickly from one device to another. This method requires connecting your mobile devices to your PC. Below are steps to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android:
- Download MobileTrans from the official website, install, launch, and afterwards, select WhatsApp Transfer.
- Under the section, click Transfer WhatsApp Messages.
- A new screen will display your connected devices, distinguishing the source from the destination.
- Click the Start button located on the downright corner of the page to proceed. Once done, your new smartphone will be all set.
With this program, you can move data seamlessly from one phone to another, PC to phone, or vice-versa. Its official site provides more information on ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android. Likewise, you can download the program free of charge.
Using any of the above-mention methods, you now know how to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android seamlessly. So, if you have been contemplating upgrading to a new smartphone on an open-source platform — do it!
A few reliable programs are available on the market, and MobileTrans, alongside Dr Fone, are worth noting. In addition, the latter’s official site features information on how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
Both providers offer affordable rates and customer support. Hence, you don’t have to worry about losing access to your files when moving from your old device to the new one.