Most people who consider facelift usually experience aging signs like jowls, wrinkles, and facial hollows. As males and females become older, their tissue loses elasticity and develops less natural collagen. As a result, the skin that once firm, and have the plump volume on the cheek, becomes thin and diminishes. Moreover, the facial bones also shrink sometimes. Loose skin around the neck, mouth, and brows allures people to consider a Facelift Toronto.
There are two types of facelifts such as; surgical and non-surgical facelifts.
In this type, wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, ultrasound skin lifting, laser therapy are performed for face-lifting. These treatments are meant for them who do not want to undergo surgical procedures and who have early sign of aging. However, results are temporary which lasts more than 6 months.
It can treat the cheeks, brow, and eyes, as well as the jawline and neck. There are several technological techniques in the field of facelift surgery like a mini facelift and a full facelift. They are performed after accessing your aging signs and their severity.
All you need to know about the recovery phase
Surgeons typically offer the following post-facelift tips.
- If you smoke, it is recommended that you quit at least two weeks before the procedure. Smoking interferes with the healthy blood flow that is required for the treated area to recover.
- When it comes to generate and keep good skin, consuming meals high in protein and vitamin. Meals and supplementation high in vitamins A, C, and E, and also dietary protein, have been shown to aid in the rapid regeneration of body tissue after a facelift.
- A full facelift recovery time lasts around 2 and 3 weeks. Someone must take you home and assist with basic care and chores in the hours immediately after surgery.
- You will be recommended to limit some of your typical activities for a period of 10 to 14 days. Swimming, workouts, and frequent face cleaning are examples of these. You also won’t be able to lift anything heavy or bend over for a few weeks. You will have inflammation, discoloration, and mild to severe pain throughout the first week.
- Elevate your head while sleeping will boost your healing and comfort.
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses or stay in the shade to avoid sun exposure. Sun exposure might cause permanent discoloration or inflammation on skin or wounds.