Adventure sports activities are covered by some travel insurance policies. They cover any medical costs you might have if you are hurt while taking part in adventure sports while on your trip. These types of coverage are frequently included in overseas travel insurance plans.
Although fundamental travel insurance policies could include risk-free activities like horseback riding, fishing, etc. However, you will need to purchase an adventure sports travel insurance policy if you intend to engage in risky activities like paragliding, diving, surfing, skiing, river rafting, snowboarding, etc. *
The following list of adventure sports is a sample of what might be covered by an online travel insurance policy:
- Mount Bike riding
- Snowboarding and skiing
- Fluvial rafting
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Water skiing
- Sky diving
- Climbing rocks
- Bungy Jumping
The benefits of purchasing an adventure sports travel insurance plan
Adventure sports can make you feel ecstatic and are dangerous. But if something goes wrong even slightly while playing the sport, it might cause life-threatening injuries or even cause someone to pass away. However, the majority of conventional travel insurance plans in India do not cover such plans due to the high risk of accidents and fatalities. As a result, you will be compelled to incur significant financial losses by covering all of your own tour treatment costs abroad.
But some online travel insurance providers in India have developed adventure sports travel insurance packages or particular add-on covers that offer coverage for adventure sports activities.
Adventure sports travel insurance claims
Look at the situations when someone else’s negligence can be established in the event of an adventure sports accident so that you can claim the benefits of travel insurance:
1. Defective equipment
It is the duty of the adventure sport’s organiser to use safety equipment. They must accommodate your own requirements during the action. In the event of an injury, you may file a claim against defective, outdated, or faulty equipment.
2. Insufficient training
To provide the participants with the best protection possible, the adventure activity instructors must adhere to all applicable regulations and undergo extensive training. However, you may file a claim under this policy if you are hurt as a result of the instructor’s ignorance or insufficient training.
3. A disregard for safety precautions
The majority of adventure activities have set safety rules, such as maximum weight, minimum height, or age restrictions. All safety guidelines or rules must be followed by the organisers. You can file a claim with your insurance company in the event of an accident caused by the organisers’ disregard for safety precautions.
Advice on purchasing adventure sports travel insurance
You are financially protected if you purchase adventure sports insurance in the event that you are injured while taking part in extreme sports.*
Before purchasing an adventure sports add-on cover under your overseas travel insurance policy, you should consider the following advice:
- Coverage for your particular adventure sports – The travel insurance policy does not provide coverage for all types of adventure sports. Make sure to carefully study the policy documentation and only purchase the coverage if it covers the activities in which you are interested. *
- Make sure you have emergency medical evacuation coverage – If you are hurt while participating in an adventure activity, this medical insurance for travel will assist you to get transported as fast as possible to the nearest hospital where you can receive treatment. *
- Coverage for return of mortal remains – In the tragic event that a traveller passes away while engaging in adventure sports, the expense of transporting the people’s mortal remains back home could be prohibitive. Therefore, think about getting a travel insurance policy that includes repatriation of mortal remains to your country of origin owing to engaging in adventure sports. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.