E-sports and gaming have exploded in recent years and become truly mainstream.
The industry has transformed from a vibrant niche to a major form of entertainment around the world. Where gaming was once seen as a useless pastime, esports has now grown into a fully-fledged industry. Much of that turnaround was initiated by celebrities and helped its wider distribution as well.
E-sports growth and trends
Now that competitive games have gained wide popularity, they are also attracting the attention of investors, brands and media players. You can also check online games by joker123
If you look at the various estimates of the turnover development of e-sports, as compiled by Business Insider Intelligence, a growth to at least $ 1.5 billion in turnover in 2022 appears to be a lower limit.
The increased popularity of esports has everything to do with social components such as live streaming. Platforms such as Twitch and YouTube Gaming provide a direct connection between fans, players and teams.
A venture capital investor in esports – once again underscores this to Business Insider Intelligence: “I actually see esports as the mainstream of gaming.” It is essential to consider the possibilities of esports – the amalgamation of gaming, media, pop culture and commerce – as it sheds light on opportunities beyond the realm of gaming events.
E-sports: figures and revenues
E-sports are experiencing a massive increase in investment from venture capitalists and private equity firms. In 2018, total investment in esports was $ 4.5 billion, according to Deloitte figures. A year earlier this was only $490 million. The investments are evenly distributed across the entire ecosystem: from esports organizations to tournament operators and digital broadcasters. This enables growth of the industry as a whole.
As a result, esports have matured into today’s complex digital ecosystem.
In the report on esports, Business Insider Intelligence makes a breakdown of the main players. It provides an overview of the industry to show how different parts of the ecosystem relate to each other. In addition, the report provides insight into the main financial flows. The ultimate goal of this report is to provide readers with a clear understanding of the key players and areas of the esports industry so that they can more easily take advantage of the many opportunities offered by this dynamic ecosystem.
A few important lessons from the report:
- Most forecasts state that the esports ecosystem will generate more than $ 1 billion in revenue for the first time by 2020. Most analysts expect revenue of more than $ 1.5 billion for 2022.
- The growing income comes from all over the world. Asia Pacific (APAC), North America and Europe are the top three esports markets.
- Mobile will play a big role in the future of esports as it further lowers the barrier to entry.
- Makes clear what the playing field around e-sports looks like, who the most important players are and what role they play.
- Provides a picture of the most important target group, their interests and the starting points for brands and other interested players.
- Shows how income will be generated and which areas will grow rapidly.