Have you wondered what is it that makes salon haircuts look fabulous? Well, the proper usage of a hair dryer is the main reason for diva-like hair. As a result, this simple tool has become an essential part of hair care routines. From maintaining frizz to adding volume, hair dryers are worth more than they are praised for.
Moreover, they help to style your hair with utmost ease. Having a good hair day not only boosts your confidence but also makes for an excellent first impression. Hence, a hair dryer is a lot like having an at-home hairstylist.
Why use a hair dryer?
- Contrary to popular belief, a hair dryer that is used correctly is not damaging at all. Residual water from air drying your hair can swell up hair follicles and damage them. Using a hair dryer can prevent this and, in turn, protect your hair.
- It is highly time-efficient to use. You will get completed dried hair in less than 10 minutes.
- A hair dryer prevents you from catching a cold during the winter season.
- You can style your hair at the comfort of your own. As a result, It saves you money from salon trips.
- Styling your hair with a hair dryer makes it easy to use different hair accessories. They sit nicely on the hair and look their best. Moreover, accessories like wooden combs glide through the hair effortlessly.
How to use a hair dryer?
- The first step is to wash your hair and pat dry with a towel or a cotton t-shirt. Avoid using a brush on wet hair as it leads to breakage. If you must, try using a wide-toothed comb instead.
- Your hair is the weakest when it is wet. So, make sure your hair is not entirely wet when using a hair dryer. The best time to blow dry your hair is when it is at least 60 per cent dried.
- Apply a generous amount of heat-protecting serum or leave-in conditioner. It gives an added layer of protection and helps to set the hair.
- Untangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb and divide it into sections. Keep in mind that the bigger the section, the longer it will take to dry.
- Start using the dryer to dry one section at a time. Use it gently on low heat and try to keep a safe distance. Start at the hair tips and work your way up to the roots. However, do not apply direct heat to the roots.
- Lastly, treat your hair with the cold air setting to lock in the shine. Then, you may apply a hair spray or any other product that you prefer.
How to pick the correct hair dryer?
A hair dryer is a one-time investment. So, you must consider all points before choosing the best one.
- First of all, you need to check the power of the hair dryer. It needs to have a wattage of at least 1500. However, most of the professional dryers have a wattage of 3600. So, according to your needs, choose one between this range of wattage.
- Look for a blow dryer with ceramic or tourmaline technology. These materials help to distribute the heat evenly.
- There are different hair dryer attachments for different hair types. Make sure you pick the correct one for your hair needs.
- Concentrator nozzle: This nozzle focuses the airflow for concentrated drying. It looks like a flat vent and needs to be used carefully. Make sure to use it on hair that is three-fourth dried. This attachment is more suited towards straight hair.
- Diffuser: This is a wide-based attachment that suits curly hair the best. It causes the least amount of damage to the hair as it spreads over a larger area. At the same time, it makes your hair dry extremely fast. For frizz-free curls, the diffuser is a great choice.
- Stylers: These attachments are like hairbrushes with vents in them. Use it like a comb. It not only dries your hair but also straightens it. If you prefer curls at the ends, then comb it in such a manner.
Be it a last-minute plan or an elaborate hairstyle; hair dryers are your handyman here. Having smooth and well-styled hair has never been easier. So, it is safe to say that hair dryers are a worthy investment for everyone. With practice and a good-quality hair dryer, you can salon-like hair every day!