Minoxidil is a medication for hair loss. It is generally in liquid or foam that has to be applied to the scalp regularly. Minoxidil promises to stop excessive hair loss and, thus, the receding hairline and thinning of hair.
Minoxidil 5% solution is specially made for males. However, it claims to work best for younger men (people below 40 years) having problems of early baldness. Minoxidil is very effective when used from the very start of baldness.
If the hair loss has spread over a large area and has persisted for a long time, Minoxidil 5% solution will produce fewer benefits. Also, if you stop using Minoxidil abruptly, the new hair growth may be reversed, and hair fall may continue. In short, the lesser your age and the earlier you start using Minoxidil 5% solution, the better the results you will reap.
Minoxidil primarily works by preventing hair fall, whereas hair regrowth is more of a side effect.
Benefits Of Using Minoxidil
Minoxidil may be your go-to solution if you are worried about your early baldness and looking for some hair loss treatments. So, without waiting any further, let’s look at the advantages of taking this treatment.
- It is very effective in young men. When you start using the solution early, especially if you are someone in your twenties, with problems like hair thinning and excessive hair loss and have a family history of male pattern baldness, you have the highest chances of reaping benefits from the therapy.
- It is over-the-counter, which means that a doctor’s prescription or written consent is not required for buying it. You can find it in your local drugstore. Also, you can easily buy minoxidil 5% solution online if you are suffering from early baldness symptoms.
However, it is always recommended that you talk with your physician or go to a dermatologist before starting any treatment on your own.
Role Of Minoxidil In Hair Growth
- Minoxidil has been devised to dilate blood vessels to enhance blood flow in your scalp. So, in short, it is a vasodilator.
- Though the total mechanism of Minoxidil is not clearly known, it is said that when the serum or foam is applied topically, the product combines with scalp sulfotransferase. This converts it into Minoxidil sulfate, which is said to be the active form of Minoxidil.
- It cuts the telogen phase of your hair short and projects it towards the anagen phase. The telogen phase is when the hair is resting and starting to fall off, while the anagen phase is the growth phase of the hair. This elongates the hair growing phase and helps you to get longer and thicker hair.
- Minoxidil has not been recognized to have any effect on hormones. But it works by lowering the DHT levels in your blood. So it is just a typical solution that helps to increase your hair growth while reducing hair loss.
- Many people feel that this treatment is only applicable only for the scalp and the crown. But this is not the case. People are wrong to think that Minoxidil is not effective in preventing frontal hair loss around the hairline. On the contrary, it is equally effective in reducing receding hairline.
- Research has proved that the treatment can stimulate hair growth. It mainly aims towards increasing the growth phase of the hair. And in it, each strand passes through a growth period where it grows for around 1000 days before it falls off.
Men who suffer from male pattern baldness or have a family history of the same may observe their hair follicles shrinking in size with their hair becoming more fine and delicate. This often happens after puberty and is mainly associated with male sex hormones. Gradually, the hair starts decreasing, leading to baldness. But with Minoxidil, you can indeed fight it.
Does Minoxidil Really Work?
Baldness occurs in two main processes: excessive hair loss and lack of hair growth. Minoxidil is more effective when it comes to slow or to stop hair fall. Hair regrowth is more of a secondary gain when using Minoxidil 5% solution. But putting a stop to the hair fall is for sure. The metrics show that about 40% of men have experienced hair regrowth after the Minoxidil treatment.
A study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology shows that men were divided into three groups – Minoxidil 5% solution, Minoxidil 2% solution, or Placebo. Men in the Minoxidil 5% solution category showed about 45% more hair regrowth than the 2% group. So, this indicates that Minoxidil really works.
Early baldness can be debilitating to a person’s overall self-esteem. Minoxidil proves to be a safer alternative to hair transplants and welcomes improvement on this problem. Before using Minoxidil, the important thing to keep in is to consult your dermatologist before using it extensively.
Read more about: bolly4u