Homeowners end up thinking that shampooing is the best method to clean carpets in the house, without even realizing that they have other options for rug cleaning. While some cleaning methods are light and pocket-friendly and others are recommended for the removal of tough stains and in-depth dirt and debris.
The most efficient carpet cleaning method is steam cleaning which eradicates 90% of the dirt and bacteria from your carpets. Dry cleaning carpet is also a good method to ensure that your carpets are ready for foot traffic as soon as possible.
In order to keep your carpets and rugs clean and in good condition, you should know about all the cleaning methods first.
Different carpet cleaning methods
You may have to choose your cleaning method keeping your carpet and pros and cons of each method in mind.
- Hot water extraction also known as steam cleaning makes use of hot water on the carpet fibers with the help of a high-pressure wand. The steam and pressure both remove thick dirt, dust, allergens, dander, debris from the carpet easily. Steam also fluffs up carpet fibers so that you get fresher, softer and better looking carpets.
- Carpet shampooing makes use of special detergents with large quantities of water and the procedure is just like shampooing your hair. Scrub the shampoo on the carpet to loosen the debris and dirt. Then clean water is sprayed to remove shampoo till no residue is left.
- Carpet dry cleaning is all about using a special detergent along with chemicals with small quantities of water. Powder is spread on the fiber with the help of a brush and an extraction tool is used to remove the detergent along with dirt, dust and grime.
- Foam cleaning method is done to very filthy carpets. A specialty foam is applied to the carpet where it starts to bubble and expand. It traps the dust and dirt and brings it to the surface of the carpet. Then steam extraction is used to remove the trapped dirt and foam.
The best carpet cleaning method
There isn’t a best carpet cleaning method which suits all types of carpets and removes all types of stains and dirt from it. Every cleaning method has its own set of pros and cons. Here are some of pros and cons of different cleaning so that you can better select the right one for you.
- Hot water extraction is greatly recommended for those suffering from allergies and sensitivities to cleaning agents and shampoos. Steam kills all the allergens and microbes and also benefits those with sinus issues.
- Shampooing carpet is an efficient method to remove tight stains but require effective extraction. The detergent residue left after shampooing may lock more dust and dirt if not removed properly.
- Carpet dry cleaning is recommended for busy families and offices who cannot give drying time to the carpet.
So, keeping the pros and cons in mind, you can pick the most suitable carpet cleaning method for you. If you live in Edmonton, then you can hire Canada Clean Home. They are the best carpet cleaners Edmonton and will suggest you the right method for your carpets after an inspection.